All registered students (and staff) can borrow a maximum of 20 items, including a maximum of 2 DVDs.
- Books can be borrowed for 3 weeks.
- DVDs and CDs can be borrowed for 2 nights, unless it is a box set or series, in which case you can borrow it for 1 week.
- Journals can be borrowed for 2 nights.
- Reference books cannot be borrowed. These are marked with a red sticker on the front cover, spine and on the inside label.
If no-one has placed a request on this book, you can renew your books in a number of different ways:
- Online - via the library catalogue here: http://learningresources.rave.ac.uk/ - by clicking “My Account.”
- On the self-service machines in the Study Zone. Just click “Borrow/Renew” and then, “Renew all items.”
- Email the Study Zone: email@example.com
- Ring the Study Zone on 020 3040 3768
There are usually 2 reasons why you cannot renew your books. Either there is a request on the item, or you have renewed it twice, which means you need to bring the items back to the Study Zone to ensure fair use of the library’s collection. Q. How do I find out what books I've got out on loan?You can check what books you have out on loan via the library catalogue online: http://learningresources.rave.ac.uk/ Clicking on “My Account” will give you a list of all your current loans and their due dates.
SCONUL Access members from other institutions cannot borrow items from Ravensbourne; the collection, for these members, is reference only.
Please be aware Ravensbourne will not be accepting SCONUL Access members from 23rd July - 10th September due to the Olympic and Paralympic games.
Incubatees can borrow items similar to registered students.
Any book which is on loan may be reserved. This does not apply to Alumni members.
You can request books online via the library catalogue: http://learningresources.rave.ac.uk/ by clicking “Reserve this Item.” Alternatively, you can email the Study Zone: firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 020 3040 3768.
When reservations come in, requestors are emailed. Please note that if your Study Zone account has been suspended due to overdue books, you will not be able to reserve further items.
Books and photocopies of articles from journals not held in the Study Zone may be requested as inter-library loans from the British Library. This service is open to staff, postgraduates and undergraduate students in their second or final year. There is currently no charge for this service, however the British Library fines for late returns will be passed on to you, if you do not return the book to us on the designated date.
It is your responsibility to regularly check your items to see whether they are overdue and respond accordingly. Items may be renewed twice. Following this, the items must be returned to the Study Zone where they can be re-issued to you.
If you do not return overdue items a bill will be issued for the cost of a replacement.